IQOS Friends Programme Terms and Conditions
- The IQOS FRIENDS programme is a Philip Morris South Africa Proprietary Limited (“PMSA”) programme.
- By participating in the IQOS Friends programme, you confirm that you are (i) over the age of 18, (ii) an IQOS user and (iii) a South African resident.
- You further confirm and agree that as a member of this programme and providing of services to PMSA you are and shall remain an independent contractor, and these Terms and Conditions shall not be construed to create an association, partnership or joint venture, relationship of principal and agent or of employer and employee between you and PMSA within the meaning of any law. You shall not be considered, nor hold yourself out to be, an agent, employee or partner of PMSA for any purpose. You are not authorized, nor shall purport to be authorized, to create obligations binding on PMSA in any manner whatsoever.
- As an independent contractor you shall be responsible for all income and related taxes with respect to all compensation payable during your participation in the IQOS Friends programme and you shall not be entitled to, or eligible to participate in, any benefits or privileges given or extended by PMSA to its employees.
- The IQOS Friends programme is a platform that rewards you (the “referrer”) for providing services to PMSA by answering questions related to IQOS from your adult smoker friends over the age of 18 (the “referred friend”) who have asked you for more information about IQOS and by referring those adult smoker friends who have asked to be referred, to PMSA.
- The IQOS Friends programme is not a platform for the marketing and/or promotion of IQOS. It is to ensure that adult smokers who have questions related to IQOS are correctly referred, to ensure that they receive accurate and non-misleading information.
- The referred friend must not be an existing IQOS user.
- When the referred friend purchases an IQOS Starter Kit, registers as a new customer on [iqos.com] via purchase through an IQOS representative, in an IQOS store or at an authorized IQOS reseller, the referrer will receive R250 via a Reward Code within 7 (seven) working days of the referred friend completing their purchase.
- The Reward Code will only be redeemable via the IQOS FRIENDS web app and once redeemed, will be paid via our service provider WOW Marketing Services.
- PMSA reserves the right to refuse the issue of any code to a referrer or the use of a referrer’s code by a referred friend at any time and to cancel the referrer’s registration to this programme if PMSA reasonably believes that the referrer or referred friend is abusing this programme or is otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions.
- PMSA reserves the right to amend or terminate the IQOS FRIENDS programme at any time without notice.
- Any changes to the programme or amended terms and conditions will be available on the iqos.com website. The IQOS FRIENDS terms and conditions on the website at the time a referrer or friend uses the IQOS FRIENDS programme will be the ones that apply.
How to refer an adult smoker friend
There are two ways in which you are able to refer an adult smoker friend to PMSA through the IQOS Friends Mobile Application:
- By referring an adult smoker friend directly through the referral form on the IQOS Friends Mobile Application; and
- By logging onto the IQOS Friends Mobile Application and sharing the Unique Referral Code which is displayed on the landing page of the app with an adult smoker friend through any means of communication that you choose (example: sms or e-mail).
The below terms under the heading, IQOS Friends Mobile Application shall apply to both of the above methods of referral.
IQOS Friends Mobile Application
- Your participation in the IQOS FRIENDS programme shall only become active once you have downloaded the web application (the “app”), completed all relevant information and accepted the terms and conditions relating to your participation as set out below;
- You acknowledge that all registration information supplied and submitted by you is truthful and accurate, and you undertake to maintain the accuracy of the information supplied.
- Download and registration of this app requires internet connectivity and data at your own cost. PMSA shall under no circumstances be liable should you be unable to access the app due to lack of data or connectivity issues.
- The unique IQOS FRIENDS app profile is intrinsically linked with your mobile phone number and your registered IQOS device(s). In the event of your mobile phone number changing during the course of your participation in the IQOS FRIENDS app, you are required to notify us via the app of the change in mobile phone number which will then be verified by us prior to transferring your profile to your new mobile phone number.
- IQOS FRIENDS app profiles are not transferrable and can also not be shared or used by more than one person.
- You will be notified via mail and on the IQOS FRIENDS app should your referral of a legal aged (+18) smoker friend result in a successful sale, and when you receive a Reward Code of R250 ready for redemption. Such payment of the Reward Code will be made via EFT to your bank account that you have provided to PMSA.
- The Reward Codes are only valid for a period of 3 (three) years from date of being allocated against your unique IQOS FRIENDS app profile. The 3 (three) year period is calculated from the first calendar day of the month following the date of allocation, unless allocation was done on the 1st calendar day of a month in which event the 3 (three) year period will be calculated from the actual day of allocation. Reward Codes not redeemed within the 3 (three) year period will expire and shall automatically be removed from your IQOS FRIENDS app profile upon expiry.
- PMSA may from time to time run updates to the IQOS FRIENDS app which may result in it being temporarily inaccessible. IQOS FRIENDS will endeavor to limit any down time to a minimum and where practically possible out of normal business hours.
- By download of the IQOS FRIENDS app and acceptance of these Terms & Conditions you consent to receive electronic communications from us from time to time in relation to this program.
- Should your IQOS FRIENDS account be inactive for 30 days, IQOS will deactivate your IQOS FRIENDS profile. Any active Reward Codes linked to the profile that have not been redeemed will be paid to the user by means of user selected preferred payment method. As a reminder, a mail will be sent to you after 15 days of inactivity with options to immediately opt-out or continue participation on programme.